Connect to Trellis database with Sequel Pro
Trellis is a product of Roots.io and its a great tool for professional WordPress development. Together with Bedrock, you have a solid development platform that is secure and easy to deploy and maintain.
Today I was struggling to connect with my Trellis database, it took me quite a while to find out what the correct credentials. So below I will show you how to setup up the correct information.
1. You select SSH as your connection option
2. You fill out your localhost IP (127.0.0.1)
3. You fill in the domain you picked. So in my case its remondevries.dev so that makes my username remondevries_dev
4. Password: You look up the password in /trellis/groups_vars/development/vault.yml. You can find it on the first line after "vault_mysql_root_password:".
5. SSH host: You fill in the domain that you picked in my case this is remondevries.dev.
6. SSH User: This user is always "vagrant" because Trellis is using a vagrant box to run.
7. SSH Key: This key can be found if you click on the "key icon" and look up the "private_key" file in the following directory: /trellis/.vagrant/machines/default/virtualbox/
8. And then we are done! Click connect!
Try not to forgot to look in the top left corner for the drop-down menu to actually select the database you want to view. Else the screen will stay white.